Sunday, October 4, 2009

Don't Know Where to Start...

It has been so long since the last time that I blogged that I don't even know where to begin. We made our big move from Utah to Missouri at the beginning of August. We closed on our house in Utah 5 days after we moved. It was so nice to be able to stay in it right up to moving time.
We really like it in Missouri. We live right across the street from someone that I grew up with. It is so nice to have someone we know so close. Lisa and I are both stay at home mom's so we switch out babysitting so we can get small errands done during the day. Andrew calls Jacob his best friend. The sad thing is that they will only be here through the summer.
I am excited to be only a 12 hour drive from my family now. We get to go see them at Thanksgiving. We have been so far a way that Thanksgiving was usually spent at home. We also get to visit Stephen's family at Christmas. I am so excited!
Columbia is a really family friendly town. There are a lot of fun things for families to do. The library here is great! Andrew and Ali love it! And there are no late fees. We went to St. Louis when Brittney (my sister) came to visit. St. Louis is about 1 1/2 hours from us. We went to the zoo there, and it was FREE. It is one of the best zoo's I have ever been to. We didn't even get to see it all.

We also got to go to a Mizzou game a few weeks ago, thanks to one of Stephen's generous professors. We went to Wal-mart to buy some Mizzou gear so we could look like real fans. I was feeling kind of bad for wearing the Missouri colors when Tech was playing the same day. It kind of felt like I was cheating on Tech. By the end of the game I felt like I could be a Missouri fan too, but only if they aren't playing Tech. Andrew even started yelling "M-I-Z-Z-O-U". It was a lot of fun! The kids did so well that we stayed for the whole game. They like to watch "touchdowns".

On a side note Andrew and Ali are peddling now, and Andrew is potty trained. Yeah! He finally started telling me when he needs to go potty.
Stephen is very busy with school. It stays up late at school a few nights a week, and goes half a day on Saturday. He is really enjoying it though.



Andrew and Ali at the game.


Getting ready for church


At the zoo


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad your move has been a good one. i love the brown polka dot dress! too cute. :)

Cluff Chronicles said...

I'm so glad to finally hear from you. I am glad everything is going so well for you!

Anonymous said...

Gosh they are cute.